Diabetes is always with me. Some days are good, some are less so.

Diabetes is always with me. Some days are good, some less so. Here's what's been going on in my world.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Discovery

I mentioned a couple of posts back (see here) that I have been running. Not the first time I try to take it up, but this is the longest it has stuck. I ran 5K for the first time September 5, 2010. When I started in June, I couldn't run solid for 1.5K. So, some improvement, and I was aware of it. I was proud of myself.

Lately I have been feeling that I am not fast enough. I know I am not fast, I run at my own pace, and for me it is as fast as I can manage. But I looked at my time for the 5K I ran in September, and it was 51 minutes. Now, I can do it in under 45. That's an improvement, I do believe!

I want to run it in under 30. I can't do it today, but I will do it one day. Seeing the minutes that dropped in the last months remind me that even if it's a long road, it's shorter every day.

Me, my glucose tabs, my meter and the somewhat shorter, long road. Here's to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment