Diabetes is always with me. Some days are good, some are less so.

Diabetes is always with me. Some days are good, some less so. Here's what's been going on in my world.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pre-emptive Fear

So what's with getting nervous about maybe getting a low before it even happens? Am I the only one this happens to? I doubt it. We all have so much in common, I am sure someone out there knows what I am talking about.

Last night, as the family sat down to watch a movie (Dinner For Schmucks-which wasn't bad), I started going over my carb count for supper in my head. And comparing it to how much insulin I had taken. And wondering if I had added the right amount to include the popcorn I was eating. And getting REAALLLY a little too possessive of said popcorn as I thought maybe I took too much insulin. Then I got that little niggly feeling in my gut, let's just call it panic, that usually sets in when I am going into a situation fearing a low and not knowing how I'll cope with it (like being in line at Disneyworld for Splash Mountain or actually in a movie theatre). But I was at home. Feeling the same panic. When I knew we could just pause the old movie and deal with it, then move on.

I ate all the popcorn, and everything was fine. But the anxiety was there.

I think it's always there...or close.

And guess what? Anxiety raises blood glucose. Ah, the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment